Rag Rugs, Pillows, & More
Author: Elspeth Jackson
You’ll be amazed at how simple and enjoyable it is to upcycle old and well-loved garments into beautiful rugs, pillows, artworks, bags, and other gifts, using just a few basic tools and some simple techniques.
The book is arranged into three chapters:
- Home includes a selection of projects for fun and easy rugs in a range of colors and styles, as well as a shaggy pillow, draft excluder, wall hanging, and chalkboard frame.
- Gifts has wonderful ideas for unique items that you can make for friends and family, from a clutch bag to flower hair clips and even a brooch.
- Seasonal will inspire you to turn your strips of fabric into decorations and gifts to use at certain times of the year, from a rag-rugged heart for Valentine’s Day, to an unusual spring wreath, and some gorgeous Christmas baubles.
With lavish color photographs and clear, step-by-step instructions and artworks, crafters of all ages will enjoy making these projects. A comprehensive section at the start of the book covers everything you need to know about which fabrics to choose, what tools you will need, and what the essential techniques are, allowing you to discover how to update this traditional craft with endless possibilities of color and fabric combinations.
- Paperback: 128 pages
- Publisher: CICO Books (October 11, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1782493638
- ISBN-13: 978-1782493631
- Product Dimensions: 8.2 x 0.4 x 10.8 inches