Needle Felted Tapestries: Make Your Own Woolen Masterpieces
Author: Neysa Russo
From simple mug rugs to Renaissance-style tapestry wall hangings, 16 charming projects lead fiber lovers on a journey to discover the art of needle felting. Create a colorful coaster, a handy needle and pin case, and a charming table runner, or crank it up a notch and design a fabulous wall hanging to grace your home. This book will give you the skills and inspiration you have been looking for.
- How to get started in felting: from tools and materials to techniques and finishing
- Instructions for both wet felting and needle felting
- Design techniques for adding color and dimension
- Instructional photos to illustrate steps
Neysa Russo lives in Bradford, Vermont, where she creates handmade felt tapestries, rugs, and home decor items. Inspired by ancient embroideries and antique fabrics, she is fascinated by the rich history of textile design. "When my mother taught me to felt, I began a journey that has kept me in raptures. Now I am producing items I never imagined I could create." She markets her own line of kits, exhibits her work in galleries, and teaches the fine art of needle felting.
- Paperback: 112 pages
- Publisher: Stackpole Books (February 1, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0811716082
- ISBN-13: 978-0811716086
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.4 x 10.9 inches