This 9/2 yarn is produced and dyed in Canada from flax fiber grown in France. Available in a variety of striking colors.
General Linen Tips
- Linen feels stiff until it’s been “worked”. The more it is wound, twisted or washed and dried the softer it becomes.
- Balls wound on a ball winder may tend to spread; hand wound balls work best.
- Items made with linen can be machine washed, dried and steam pressed with a hot iron if needed.
- It’s normal for fuzz to gather in your lint trap the first few washings.
Linen Weaving Tips
- When weaving, dampen the warp with a water mister or foam paint brush dipped in water for neat selvages. Dampening the warp will also help rigid heddle weavers obtain a tighter fabric.
- It can be helpful to dampen your fingers when winding bobbins to soften the weft yarn.
- If crisp table linens are desired, remove the fabric from the dryer while still damp and steam press to enhance luster.
- Material: 100% Wet-Spun Linen
- Weaving Weight: 9/2
- Yarn Weight: Lace
- Physical Weight: 8 oz. (~227g) tube
- Approximate Yardage: 1850 yds. (3700 yds./lb.)
- Sett: 22 - 24 epi