The Louet Spring II loom is one of the most innovative cleverly designed floor looms on the market today. It uses the Parallel countermarch system for the harnesses and lams, which is easy to use and simple to tie-up. An exclusive feature to this loom is the patented moving breast beam controlled by springs. The breast beam is attached to the loom in such a way that it is free to move toward the harnesses when the shed is made and then back toward the weaver when the shed is closed again. The distance between the breast beam and the back beam actually changes during weaving. With this system a larger shed can be obtained with less tension increase in the warp and less effort from the weaver.
The heddles and tie-up cords are of the Swedish Texsolv system, which make them quite strong and non-stretching.
- Advance more fabric in one movement of the handle, due to a new magnet.
- The brake disc of the warp beam acts as a crank, with a handle that turns in the disk.
- The shafts move more easily, as rollers with ball bearings have replaced the nylon rollers.
- The beater movement has a larger radius and improved arc due to longer uprights and a lowered hinge point.
- Clamps that aid in warping the loom, as well as warping instructions, are now included.
- Overall sturdier frame with new front posts and thicker main uprights and foot rail.
- The warp beam and cloth beam are now made of wood and are a larger diameter, the redesign in this section now allows for easier assembly.
- Heavier ratchet wheel and ratchet, ideal for weaving carpets.
- Easier to place the new countersunk holes onto the floating breast beam arms.
- A more attractive look on the hinged connection of the floating breast beam arms to the front posts, due to a less visible connecting bolt.
- Loom is now packaged in a more compact way, cleverly designed to expand and assemble. All boxes ship with courier, so no freight transport is needed. All shafts and cords continue to be pre-strung.
- Weaving Width:
- Spring II 90: ~35.4 inches (90cm)
- Spring II 110: ~44 inches (100cm)
- Harness Options: 8 or 12
- Texsolv Heddles
- Spring II 90: 800 (392mm)
- Spring II 110: 1200 (392mm)
- Stainless Steel Reed - 10 Dent
- Friction Brake
- 2 Lease Sticks
- 16 Warp Sticks
- Solid Beech Construction - Clear Lacquer Finish
- Assembly Required
Loom Dimensions: (WxDxH)
- Spring II 90: 46" x 37" x 45.25” (120cm x 94cm x 115cm)
- Spring II 110: 53" x 37" x 45.25” (140cm x 94cm x 115cm)
- Spring II 90: 95 lbs. (43kg)
- Spring II 110: 110 lbs. (50kg))
- Add 12.0 lbs. (5.5kg) for an extension set.