Louet Megado V2 Electronic Dobby
The electronic dobby will give you almost unlimited harness combinations using a computer and software from Fiberworks PCW, Patternland, Weavemaker, Weave It, WeavePoint or Pro Weave, which all work with the Louet electronic interface.
A dobby loom has a dobby mechanism, which is used to program the harness combinations for the weave pattern. Dobby is short for ÛÏdraw boyÛ which refers to the weaverÛªs helper who was used to control the warp thread by pulling on draw threads. The dobby mechanism replaces the treadle/lam combination of the traditional floor looms. The performance of a multi-harness loom is vastly improved by using a dobby mechanism, as it overcomes the major problems associated with the use of a large number of treadles.
A dobby loom allows you to select the combination of harnesses for every shed opening you wish to make. The great advantage of a dobby loom is that it avoids the necessity and the labor involved in making multiple tie-ups to treadle positioned underneath a loom. An investment in a LouÌÇt Dobby ensures many years of comfortable and productive weaving.
The Megado V2 Electronic Dobby comes with a small touchscreen computer and secure internet connection. Connect your own device (smartphone, tablet, laptop or PC with Wifi) to the simple and user-friendly LouÌÇt weaving portal and you are good to go:
- Through Wifi or USB stick, you can open any existing pattern in wif-format in the portal. Of course, you can also open the patterns you have made using your own weaving software, provided that this software supports wif-files.
- In the portal you can also directly design your pattern. This works almost the same way as programming a mechanical dobby: a filled box corresponds to a shaft tie-on.
The pattern can always be easily customized and saved. You can add a tabby, for instance for a summer / winter fabric, by pressing a button.
It is also possible to connect your laptop or computer directly to the dobby and then control it with weaving software programs that support our looms. It will work the same way as with the old generation interfaces.
The LouÌÇt weaving portal can be configured to automatically update the dobby operating software. In addition to the new software, the hardware has also improved.
- Power supply suitable for all voltages and frequencies by automatic selection
- 40% less power consumption by the solenoids
- Thermostatically controlled cooling fan ÛÒ much quieter than earlier versions
- Smaller dobby box due to change to an external power supply