Kromski Prelude Walnut Spinning Wheel
With all the same quality Kromski craftsmanship of its larger counterparts, the Prelude offers a unique characteristic of compact portability to those who want a wheel reminiscent of the antique Saxony style but need the convenience of a small, transportable wheel for events like historical festivals and reenactments. With a diameter of 18”, the Prelude is suited to perform in many different speeds/ratios.
The Prelude was the first single-drive-only wheel that the Kromski’s produced and features Scotch Tension and a single treadle. The oblique bench links to a built-in lazy kate with a two bobbin capacity. Affordably priced and easy to assemble, the Prelude is a perfect beginners wheel but is occupied by components and attributes sufficient enough for a lifetime wheel.
- Built-In Lazy Kate (2 bobbin capacity)
- 3 bobbins (120g/4.2oz capacity)
- Spinning Wheel Oil
- Threading Hook
- Beautiful European Alder and Birch wood
- Wheel Diameter : 45cm (18 inches)
- Orifice Circumference : 10mm (3/8 in.)
- Standard Whorl Ratios: 6, 10.5 and 13:1
- Additional whorls 5.5, 7.9, 11, 14.5 & 16.5:1
- Leather bearings on front and rear maiden
- Durable brass sleeve bearings at wheel hub
- Hushed plastic bearings in bobbins
- Single Drive with Scotch Tension
- Single Treadle
- Total Wheel weight : 9 lbs (4kg)
I have had my prelude for about a year now and I love it dearly. I don't have a large space to work with, so the prelude size is perfect for me. It's beautiful and well made. I have had no problems working with it and will continue to use it for years and years to come.