Kayu ("six" in Mapuche language) Pin Loom is one single wooden surface that includes 13 pin weaving looms.
- 6 sizes of square
- 6 sizes of triangle
- 1 size of rectangle
Weave on the bias / continuous strand weaving (diagonal). You can try different gauges and types of fibers, from natural to acrylic. There are endless possibilities! Versatile, handy, portable size, easy to use, take and store, highly enjoyable. If you like trying your own patterns and stitches in different sizes of weaving loom, this is a great tool for you!
How to Use It
- Choose square, triangle or rectangle.
- Choose a size between the options for each shape.
- Arrange the pins.
- Start weaving!
- When the woven piece is finished, gently remove it and so the pins to store it safely.
Kayu is perfectly made by CNC router technology. The main surface is birch MDF with a vegetable (ecological) coating and the pins are acrylic made.
It was designed in Chile and it is produced by order in the US.
- Kayu (34.5 x 34.5 cm / 13.5" wooden surface)
- Plastic bag with 130 acrylic pins (enough to complete the bigger square and a few extra ones).
- Yarn needle to weave the last row.
- Printed instructions
- Everything comes carefully wrapped in a printed cotton ecobag.
NOTE: Kayu is a pin weaving loom with a regular distance between pins of 1 cm. Even though you can always try your own techniques, consider that it doesn`t work as the Loomette or Zoom Loom, this is a pin loom commonly used for continuous strand weaving or weaving on the bias. Yarn noted included.