Huge fluffy mauve colored flower heads are held aloft on sturdy purplish bamboo-like stems of this beautifully colossal plant.
Native to eastern and central North America.
Used by Native Americans to make a pink and red dye.
- Scientific Plant Name: Eupatorium purpureum
- Common Names: Joe Pye Weed,
- Plant Type: Perennial
- Height @ Maturity: 5 - 8'
- Packet Weight: ~10g
- Full sun to partial shade
- Prefers moist, fertile soils that do not dry out. Tolerates clay soils.
NOTE: Certain U.S. states do not permit the growing of some of these seeds, viewing them as "invasive." Please adhere to the regulations in your area.