Grow, Cook, Dye, Wear: From Seed to Style the Sustainable Way
Author: Bella Gonshorovitz
Live sustainably with style – grow fruits and vegetables, cook them, create natural dyes, then make your own clothes with five full-size pattern sheets.
Swap food waste and fast fashion for homegrown produce, delicious vegan dishes, and a contemporary capsule wardrobe with the help of fashion designer, dressmaker, and writer Bella Gonshorovitz.
Focused around five crops (blackberry, nettle, onion, red cabbage and rhubarb) that can be foraged or grown in an allotment, planter, or container, Bella shows you how to embrace a holistic garden-to-garment lifestyle.
- Learn how to forage, sow and harvest with straightforward grow guides.
- Enjoy your produce with advice on the best vegan pantry ingredients and recipes for vibrant, flavour-packed dishes.
- Create natural dyes from your food waste to upcycle fabrics in beautiful seasonal shades.
- Transform your fabrics into five exclusively designed, essential pieces, including a shirt dress and duster coat.
From sowing to sewing, Bella guides you with engaging stories, easy-to-follow instructions, step-by-step illustrations, and full-scale pattern sheets.
Whether you’re looking to rethink your lifestyle, embrace slow fashion, try a plant-based diet or simply give grow your own a go, Bella’s friendly, accessible approach to sustainable living will help you get started, create more and waste less.
Bella Gonshorovitz is a prizewinning fashion designer. She opened her made-to-measure studio in East London in 2012, creating fine clothes designed for longevity. A long-term vegan, her cooking is inspired by her childhood in Tel Aviv. Growing produce at her allotment has allowed Bella to experiment with different crops in the garden and in the kitchen. She has a clear, engaging vision of how we can live sustainably and shares this with warmth rather than worthiness.
- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: DK / Penguin Random House (May 24, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0241536448
- ISBN-13: 9780241536445
- Dimensions: 7.65 x 1.25 x 9.75 inches