Bluebonnet CraftyBee Spinning Wheel
Choose Unfinished or Finished above.
The "Art Yarn" version of the HoneyBee. The CraftyBee is especially designed for art and chunky yarns. The 7 inch diameter plying bobbin will hold a lot of that special yarn (Mathematically designed to hold the same amount of yarn that two jumbo bobbins hold).
It has all the features of the HoneyBee and with the larger bobbin and flyer assembly spinning and plying art yarns is easier. Intermediate and advanced spinners will be pleased with its 2 spinning ratios and the availability of ratios from 4:1 up to 20:1 (custom made to order in pairs).
The CraftyBee is made from solid hardwood (either hard maple or red oak, depending on availability). No plywood or MDF on these spinning wheels. The wheel axle and flyer axle are each on two sealed bearings for ease of treadling and quiet operation. The bobbins are also on two sealed bearings. No other wheel offers sealed bearings at this price!
- Finished or Unfinished
- 28 inches tall
- Orifice height 27 inches
- Jumbo Delta orifice sliding hook
- 4:1 and 6:1 spinning ratios, - any pair between 4:1 up to 20:1 can be ordered separately.
- 16 inch solid hardwood wheel
- Solid hardwood frame
- 18 inch by 18 inch base occupies a small area but is exceptionally stable.
- Folds to 18 inches x 10 inches
- Printed assembly and folding instructions provided.
- Double treadle for ease of operation
- Single drive with Scotch Tension
- Finished wheel is hand rubbed with Danish Oil
- Weighs approximately 15 lbs.
- Two 4.75 inch diameter x 4.25 inch long Jumbo Bobbins
- 1 - 7.25 inch long x 4.75 inch diameter plying bobbin
- One Year Guarantee - USA Customers Only