This is a ligno-cellulosic fiber obtained from the stem of the banana plant.
Due to its lightweight and comfortable hand, banana fiber is popular in Japan for use in summer wear as well as traditional kimono and kamishimo garments.
Due to its relative strength, Banana fiber is used in currency paper, maritime ropes & cables and as a packing material for agricultural goods.
Banana fiber blends easily with cotton and other natural fibers.
- Material: 100% Viscose processed from Banana Plant Stems
- Weight: 250g
- Country of Origin: Great Britain
- Similar in appearance to bamboo and ramie fiber. However, banana fiber is finer and easier to spin than either bamboo or ramie.
- Excellent mechanical strength with very limited elongation.
- It has somewhat shiny appearance depending upon the extraction & spinning process.
- It absorbs as well as releases moisture very fast.
- It is biodegradable and has no negative environmental effects, a true eco-friendly fiber.
Additional information can be found on The World of Viscose website.