This Ashford wheel may not be your everyday wheel but for special spinning jobs and as a workhorse for plying large quantities from smaller bobbins, it is perfect. It has a huge bobbin capacity of two plus pounds. This means if you are spinning big or novelty yarns you can spin and spin and not worry about filling up small bobbins found on nearly all wheels.
- huge capacity bobbin
- double treadle
- large orifice
- spin thick novelty yarns
This is a specialist wheel designed to spin extra bulky yarn used in rug weaving and chunky knitting or for plying bulk quantities. The orifice is extra large. The ball bearings and double treadle enable both easy starts and treadling. The slow drive ratios and sensitive leather flyer brake system are ideal for creating unique novelty yarns.
- New 3 speed bobbin with easy 3, 4 & 5:1 ratios and capacity of up to 2.2lbs!
- New polyurethane con-rod joints for smooth heal & toe treadling.
- Wider spaced treadle boards.
- Arched rails and factory assembled sides are easily assembled with bolts and barrel nuts.
- New maintenance free Polyurethane hinges for smooth & effortless treadling.
- Soft leather brake band and sensitive tension adjustment.
- Huge 27mm - 1 1/16” flyer orifice for really thick yarns.
- Provision for plying from 2 bobbins.
- New nylon universal bearings for the con rod
Receive a free Woolery Introductory Basic Spinning Kit with the purchase of this wheel.