A Weaver’s Guide to Swatching
by Liz Gipson
Swatching makes it easy to try out your ideas risk-free and unleash your creativity in new and wonderful ways. A Weaver’s Guide to Swatching will help you tap into your inner designer and make you a better, smarter, and more joyful weaver. If you are unsure what yarn to use or how your colors will work, this method will help you gain confidence.
This book outlines the purpose of making a swatch and how to create tiny weavings on a frame loom, specifically a Swatch Maker Loom, which comes in the setts weavers use. The information applies to any frame loom, or you can use the same method to make small weavings on the loom you already use, to test your ideas before you warp up a large project.
In this guide you will find:
- Step-by-step instructions on how to set up and weave a swatch on a frame loom
- Tips, techniques, and tools that help you get faster results
- Complete finishing information
- Tracking worksheet
- A method for creative decision making
- Tips for designing your own projects
- Ideas for organizing and using your swatches
- A pattern for cute color wheel cupcake pincushions
Print version is 49 pages, full color, 8 ½” by 5 ½”, spiral bound, with step-by-step photographs, and signed by the author.