A Masterclass in Needle Felting Dogs: Methods and Techniques to Take Your Needle Felting to the Next Level
Author: Cindy-Lou Thompson
The art of needle felting dogs can produce amazingly hyper-realistic – almost taxidermic – results, and with a little know-how, some needles and wool, and a few inexpensive accessories, you can also needle felt like a professional.
Covering four different breeds of dog (Dachshund, Chihuahua, Yorkshire Terrier and Poodle), with step-by-step instructions and photos, Cindy takes you through the processes of creating different body shapes, proportions, armatures, coats, and blending, as well as realistic accessories such as eyes, noses, mouths, ears, and nails.
Learn how to achieve a professional finish with different textured coats, clipping and shaping, and finishing off, using a variety of mediums and methods, some of which Cindy has designed and developed herself, and never revealed until now.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Basic info about wool, tools and other items needed etc
- Chapter 2: The Dachshund, highlighting proportions, short coats, feet and nails and large ears. Standing pose.
- Chapter 3: The JR Terrier, showing reverse blending, slightly open mouth, claws. Standing pose.
- Chapter 4: The Yorkshire terrier, showing long fur attachment, blending colours and clipping. Laying down pose.
- Chapter 5: The Border Collie, showing long and short fur attachment combinations, clipping, open mouth. Sitting pose.
- Chapter 6: The Mixed Breed, showing a coat not covered and clipping. Pose to be noted.
- Chapter 7: When Things Go Wrong, showing how to salvage mistakes.
- Chapter 8: How to make accessories. Collar/lead, tag, biscuit,
- List of suppliers
Cindy Thompson was raised by her grandmother, who had a very successful business boarding, training & breeding dogs. Cindy drew on this experience during her working life, training security dogs in Barbados, and later as a dog warden in the UK. Her childhood hobby of making pipe-cleaner dogs, and her talent for art and crafts, became the basis of her creative work today. A serious illness was to be the start of Cindy's needle felting journey: needing something to occupy her during a slow recovery, self-taught Cindy has become world class in this addictive craft, naturally specializing in breeds of dog.
- Paperback : 128 pages
- Publisher : Hubble & Hattie (February 23, 2021)
- Language: : English
- ISBN-10 : 1787113833
- ISBN-13 : 9781787113831
- Dimensions : 7 x 0.5 x 9.88 inches