|Contacting the Woolery?
||Order From the Woolery?
||Problems with My Order?
||What If I Need a Special Order?
|Back Orders/Out-of-Stock Items?
||Kentucky Sales Tax?
Welcome to The Woolery!
We want to make your experience with fiber arts enjoyable and successful. The Woolery has been in business serving the needs of weavers, knitters, spinners and other fiber artists for over 30 years. With our extensive inventory of products and our fast turn around time, we strive to provide you with high quality, competitively priced fiber arts supplies accompanied by excellent customer service.
We are family owned and operated and our shop is located in Frankfort, KY. We are very excited to be located in an area that is very accessible to the public.
The shop is staffed daily by experienced Weavers, Spinners, Knitters, Rug Hookers and more!
Our mission is to provide fiber arts supplies at competitive prices with fast turn around times and excellent customer service. We strive to be a part of the fiber arts community and it is part of our mission to strongly support guilds, festivals and other fiber arts people that work so hard to keep the crafts alive and improve them for future generations.
- Have a brick and mortar shop that you can visit, shop in, attend classes in, learn and fellowship in.
- Answer the phone and provide knowledgeable people to answer questions.
- Stock the products in house (How can you know about a product if you have never seen or used it?).
- Offer an outlet for new craftspeople to sell their stuff such as tools, spindles, finished fiber arts products and more.
- Participate in the development of new products and strive to provide new sources for products that are hard to source or difficult to find.
- • Support fiber arts publications, festivals, guilds and artists.
We are very grateful to be involved in something that we all know and love. We take much care in selecting and recommending products and fiber to our customers.
What is Shipping on Assembled Looms or Trucked Looms?
Some loom manufacturers ship their larger floor looms assembled or the size requires truck shipping. The price of the loom reflects this and for these looms The Woolery offers free shipping.
Most assembled looms, as well some other looms that have large pieces (Glimåkra), must ship with a trucking company, not UPS. You may not be accustomed to receiving orders in this manner, so here is some information that you should know and consider:
- depending on your location, delivery (from time of shipping from the manufacturer) may take 1-2 weeks.
- in addition to your delivery information, your phone number will be part of the bill of lading with instructions that you should be contacted before delivery is attempted.
- because most deliveries for looms are residential, the trucking company will want to arrange an appointment with you to assure you are available. Be aware that trucking companies and/or unions may dictate what happens when the truck arrives. At the least, you should be prepared to assist in getting the loom and other items off the truck (this may mean having extra hands available). To be sure that you are satisfied, ask the trucking company what their rules are or if there are additional fees before they arrive. In most instances, your delivery will proceed satisfactorily, but asking questions about what will happen will eliminate last minute problems. From tail gate to the final location in your house, you must work this out with the trucking company, the driver and any additional help you may need. Having a cup of coffee ready for the driver might be a good idea. If any extra services beyond delivery to your address result in a charge back to the shipper and then to The Woolery, we will charge you for that amount. You can avoid these charges by asking questions first or paying for extra charges directly to the delivery company.
- thus, free shipping of trucked looms means The Woolery will pay for basic shipping to your address; additional fees, if any, will be the responsibility of the customer
- be sure to examine the shipment for damage and report any to the driver; hidden damage that is only discovered after the loom is uncrated can still be reported to the trucking company so hold on to your shipping documents. Also contact The Woolery immediately; we can help.
- these deliveries normally go very smoothly but asking questions prior to delivery and being prepared to work with the trucking company will result in a happy weaver.
- if your address/location makes it difficult or impossible to deliver by truck, tell us when you place the Order. It is possible that you may need to pay a surcharge if other arrangements can not be made.
If you have questions, please ask.
What if I Need a Special Order?
Some items we sell require special ordering. It may be a product that is made-to-order or perhaps something that a manufacturer has to make to fulfill your order or an item that we just do not stock.
In such cases we may require a full up-front payment.
Special order items are subject to a cancellation fee if you cancel the order within 72 hours after placing it. This charge is fixed at $50 regardless of the total amount of the order you placed or the reason for the cancellation. We will refund your credit card, minus this amount. Cancellations placed after 72 hours will be evaluated on a case by case basis with manufacturers stipulations being taken into consideration.
Items that are special orders may not be returned. Special orders that have been "started" by a manufacturer or shipped from the manufacturer may not be canceled or may be subject to a cancellation fee, depending on the circumstances.
How Do You Handle Back Orders/Out-of-Stock Items?
The Woolery keeps a significant inventory of nearly all items we sell (the exception being large floor looms, products that just do not turn over very often, some yarns). However, there will be instances where an item will not be in stock or available when you order. When this happens we can accommodate you in several ways:
- if ordering online, be sure to tell us what to do by reading and checking off the appropriate button on the Billing page.
- if you order by phone, we should be able to tell you right away if an item is in stock.
There will be an additional charge for partial shipped orders. Under all but special circumstances, we will charge your card only when we ship an item. Free shipping is not applicable for back ordered items if the back-order(s) is less than $100.
What is the Kentucky Sales Tax?
For customers having orders shipped to points within Kentucky, the cart will add the state sales tax (6%). The tax is calculated on the total of goods AND shipping.
What Should I Do if I Have Problems with My Order?
If you note a problem with your order - missing items, duplicate items, wrong items -, contact us immediately at 800-441-9665. Claims made after 5 days of the arrival may result in denial of claim.
When you receive our shipment, immediately examine the contents to determine safe arrival. You need to do this within 5 days of receiving your order; a delay beyond this time period may limit or eliminate a claim process. Protect yourself - inspect. If you note damage, you need to do several things:
- maintain all shipping boxes and materials; these may need to be examined by the shipping company (UPS) and returned to the shipping company. Failure to maintain the packing materials can impact how a claim will be handled.
- if the shipment traveled with UPS, you need to call UPS (800-742-5877) and report the damage to them. They will want information from the shipping label and information from you about the nature of the damage. Follow the instructions you receive from UPS.
- after you have contacted UPS (if UPS was used to ship your order), contact The Woolery (800-441-9665 or 502-352-9800 for further information.